Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Sending You Hugs

If you're a crafter - and let's face it, you probably are if you're reading this - then you may know how it can sometimes happen that you wake up with a project design in your head. I have no idea how it happens that way, just that it's a nice feeling to suddenly have that idea there, rather than have to search for inspiration.

So yes, as you've no doubt already guessed, this morning I woke with the following card floating around inside my grey matter and as soon as I got up out of bed, I went into my craft room to turn it into a reality. For this particular idea, maybe it's because we're big huggers in our family; certainly the wide open arms of the panda made me think of hugs.


Now the panda stamp comes with a party hat on his head, so how did I get rid of that? Well, the answer is that before I stamped him/her I covered the hat with washi tape which was removed after inking, then once stamped merely filled in the missing bits using my black marker. Easy as pie! The border around the 'sending you' sentiment was a lucky happenstance - when I inked up my stamp with Versamark, I obviously pressed way too hard and got ink all around the outside edges of the stamp as well. Of course I didn't know it was there until I applied the embossing powder, when I saw this great border. Pure coincidence, but look how well it turned out! Lastly, to make the 'hugs' part stand out a bit more, I used a Versamark pen to apply ink and clear embossed it. Here's a close up of the shine:


Unfortunately, when I decided I needed to move the position of the sequins, I discovered my mini glue dots had worked too efficiently and they were there for the duration unless I wanted to rip my card. Damn! Ah well, lesson learned, eh?

Materials used:
  • stamps - Party Pandas, Lovely Inside & Out
  • card - basic black, whisper white, melon mambo, retired dsp
  • other - Lovely Words thinlits, Big Shot, white embossing powder, heat tool, Dimensionals, Veramark pen, clear embossing powder, sequins, mini glue dots

I hope you are blessed with some creative inspiration in your day - and a hug or two as well. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

the panda is super cute without the party hat. Love the shiny "hugs". Good to know that you still have things floating around in the grey matter