Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Hello Peony

Over at the Altenew blog they've got an inspiration challenge going so I thought it might be fun to take part.

Here's the inspiration photo:


And here's my card. As you'll see, I used both flowers and colours for my inspiration.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Peony Bouquet (Altenew)
  • card - real red, whisper white, basic black (Stampin' Up!)
  • inks - from SU - real red; from Altenew - volcano lake, lagoon, emerald, frayed leaf, forest glades, buttercream, warm sunshine
  • dies - Peony Bouquet (Altenew), Hip Hello (Poppystamps)
  • other - brayer, Big Shot, mounting tape, Wink of Stella, two-way glue, MISTI

I added a touch of Wink of Stella to the flowers (over the red layer) and they sparkle beautifully when they catch the light. It was fun to get out of my comfort zone a little for this one - I might have to try doing that again soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: