Friday, February 19, 2016

Floral Delight

The colours and layout of a card I saw on Pinterest got my creative juices flowing this morning and I sat down to have a play with new set, Birthday Blooms from the Occasions catalogue. I've been seeing a lot of peach and aqua around in bedding and home decor shops lately and the card that inspired me also featured those shades, so that's why I've used them.


I embossed the front piece then ran my Versamark pen over the stripes and embossed them with clear embossing powder to get the darker stripes. Not a raging success (don't look too closely) but quite happy for a first try. I think perhaps the lace needs something else but by the time I thought of it, I'd already stuck it down (I should tell myself off like I do my class ladies when they race ahead without waiting for instructions!!! lol) so too late! The flower was tons of fun to colour in but a bit of a .... to cut out, let me tell you. If you know the stamp you'll see I've cut off the smaller, finer leaves - they cluttered the card up and I had enough detail already.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Birthday Blooms
  • card - coastal cabana, whisper white, watercolour
  • inks - Bermuda bay, wild wasabi, garden green, watermelon wonder, crisp cantaloupe, Versamark
  • other - watermelon wonder lace, Apothecary Accents dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Veramark pen, white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, heat tool, aqua painter, markers, rhinestones, stylish stripes embossing folder

Here's the original card that inspired me:


Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: