Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Sponges Have It

I was in Sponging Heaven yesterday making some Christmas cards for my ladies to do in class. Rather than our usual stamp-a-stack making ten cards, these are one-off cards for those special folks  who deserve that extra time and attention - you know who I mean.

For the first two cards I borrowed from the creative genius of others but did give the cards a little tweak of my own. The third card is my own design.

Here's the first, CASEd from the genius that is Michelle Zindorf - surprisingly, not a brayered card!




I began with a piece of very vanilla and stamped the world stamp using early espresso ink. Then I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor using Versamark ink and embossed with a non SU embossing powder called Aged Ivory (it has little flecks of gold in it, just gorgeous). Next I sponged using crumb cake and then early espresso inks, rubbing the excess ink off the embossing with a tissue; that was then mounted on to a mat of crumb cake. Santa was stamped using Timber Brown StazOn ink onto watercolour paper and coloured, cut and adhered using snail, then everything attached to the cherry cobbler base using Dimensionals. Simple but effective! For the inside I stamped the world map with crumb cake ink and placed my card over it, pressing only in a few spots to get the partial image effect, then stamped the sentiment with cherry cobbler ink.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Santa's List, Everything Eleanor, World Map, 
  • card - cherry cobbler, crumb cake, very vanilla, watercolour
  • inks - early espresso, crumb cake, cherry cobbler
  • other - heat tool, aged ivory (non SU) embossing powder, sponges, aqua painter, Dimensionals, markers


Next is a gorgeous sparkly card CASEd from Cynthia Millan (she has a video tutorial HERE) that is incredibly easy to make; the pine is stamped on very vanilla, sponged and covered entirely with iridescent ice embossing powder. I mounted mine on another piece of vanilla, then on to the mossy meadow card base. The pine and sponging are followed through to the inside.



Materials used:

  • stamps - Ornamental Pine
  • card - mossy meadow, very vanilla
  • inks - mossy meadow, early espresso, Versamark
  • other - irridescent ice embossing powder, heat tool, sponges, Dimensionals


And lastly my new favourite trees (I don't know about you, but I am sooooooo over Lovely as a Tree after all these years!). I stamped them with Versamark on to a piece of whisper white and embossed again using irdescent ice, then sponged using marina mist and night of navy inks. The die cut sentiment was cut from silver glitter card and a few rhinestones added to look like stars. The sentiment on the inside echoes that on the front.



Materials used:

  • stamps - Wonderland
  • card - night of navy, whisper white, silver glimmer
  • inks - marina mist, night of navy
  • other - Christmas Sayings dies, Big Shot, iridescent ice embossing powder, heat tool, sponges, rhinestones, Dimensionals

We're also making some Christmas tags, so I'll come back with those another time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: