Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sending Wishes

The colour combination at the Fab Friday Challenge really grabbed me this week.


They're very autumnal colours but here in Australia it's spring, so I didn't want to do an autumn card. I did think they might look good together brayered, so I sat down and had a go and sure enough, they blended together beautifully. Dramatic but evocative, in my opinion.

Once I'd done the brayering I then had to decide what to stamp over it! Lol. I went with a very simple design and layout for an almost-any-occasion type card. Here tis:


Materials used:

  • stamps - World of Dreams, Butterfly Basics
  • card - blackberry bliss, hello honey, whisper white
  • inks - blackberry bliss, hello honey, cajun craze, Versamark
  • other - crushed curry embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, brayer, Dimensionals

There are plenty of birds around our place at this time of year and it's lovely to hear their singing and twittering - unless it's early in the morning of course! Then I'm not so happy!

I hope you're hearing plenty of birdsong at your place too. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Heather said...

Goodness, that's gorgeous! I always forget to pull out the brayer - your blending is exquisite on this! Lots of active birds here in Arizona, too, your card makes me smile... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Brian King said...

Great use of these colors. Your card is so soft and serene. I love how you re-stamped the leaves around the edges - so creative. Thank you so much for playing along with this Fab Friday Color Challenge.

Margaret said...

Oh, the background is gorgeous and you did a marvelous job with the colors! I've yet to get the hang of brayering. Mine usually ends up looking a bit muddy... Wishing you a very happy and peace-filled new year!