Tuesday, April 14, 2015

NSU - Berry Sweet

A fun bit of colouring today as I got out my (now defunct) Blendabilities pens to play with one of my new PTI stamp sets (birthday pressie from hubby). It's the first time I've used the melon mambo markers - you know how much I usually avoid brights - but I am very happy with how the strawberries turned out. Almost good enough to eat!


I stamped a second jar on a piece of acetate and placed it over the top to give that genuine glass look and used some extra thick bakers twine around the cover and tag for added authenticity. The faux stitching on the background paper and the cute button help give a homely touch, don't ya think?



Materials used:
  • stamps - Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Summer Fillers (Papertrey Ink)
  • card - naturals ivory, whisper white, soft sky and wild wasabi patterned papers
  • other - paper doily, Dimensionals, Blendabilities (melon mambo, wild wasabi, soft sky), extra thick bakers twine (white and strawberry slush), very vintage button, mini glue dots, acetate, black marker, ruler

I was lucky enough to get a number of stamps and dies for my birthday, so no doubt I will be playing with more of them very soon!]

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Magic card Kerry. LURVE the colours and bravo on the Mambo Blendies.....can't use mine yet!!! ooxx