Our first card is one I made last year when I was on the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew design team and my ladies love it so much they wanted to re-create it. Using non-traditional colours, this was a CASE of a lovely card by Mel Sharp of Melbourne. Here tis:
- stamps - Four the Holidays, Christmas Collectibles
- card - basic black, very vanilla
- other - holiday ornaments framelits, pearls, Big Shot, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, embroidery thread (non SU)
Our second card is newly designed and inspired by a couple of cards around the www. It uses one of our new photopolymer sets and I really did love being able to see exactly where I was stamping. I used my aqua painter to brush an ink wash for the sky, then when that was dry, coloured the cardinal and trees using markers - fast and easy! To me, the Decorative Dots embossing reflects the snow falling effect, although DD16 disagreed! What do you think?
- stamps - White Christmas
- card - basic black, watercolour, whisper white, Baja breeze
- other - pennant punch, bakers twine, aqua painter, dimensionals, real red and crumb cake markers, on film framelits, Big Shot, decorative dots embossing folder
We only have one more class this year and our annual Christmas Dinner to look forward to - and this year I have challenged my ladies to make a decoration for home or tree. Can't wait to see what they come up with!
Meanwhile, we'll be toiling in the heat today - we are expecting 39 degrees Celsius today! Might be kinda nice to be making a winter-themed card! Lol!
Thanks for calling in.