Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Who Turned Up The Heat?

Seriously.

It's only the beginning of Spring and temps today and yesterday have been 33 degrees C. Gimme a break! Hottest Spring days in umpteen years apparently.

Anyways, it was good to have an excuse to stay out of the hot air because I have been busy crafting on behalf of DD22, who finishes up her year-long school placement next week and wanted a little something to give to all her Year 3/4 kiddies. She forgot, however, to give me sufficient warning of the deadline coming up, so I've only had 36 hours to get them all made and in the post down to Melbourne!

So, over the last day and a half and with the very invaluable assistance of DD16, I made up 54 bookmarks with some punch art characters.

Here they is:


The TMNT ones are for the boys (yeah, you probably figured that out already, right?) and the yellow M and M ones are for the girls.

As she was helping me with the M and Ms, DD16 gave firm instructions that there is to be NO punch art next time! I think she was gaining a meaningful appreciation of how many fiddly little steps are involved!!! LOL. Apparently if it hadn't been so cute, she would have told me to make them all on my own!

With that important job out of the way and all my stamp camp projects finished, I now have a few days in hand to do some card making just for fun - and with new stamps that arrived yesterday just begging to be inked up, I think I may just do that!

Punches used:
TMNT - 38mm circle (non SU), large oval, itty bitty circle, 1/4" circle
Yellow - 1 3/4" circle, 1/2" circle, itty bitty circle, small oval, boho blossom, horizontal slot and Timeless Type alphabet die

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Sue Dean said...

What an awesome Mum you are KEz! There is so much punching involved in these you both must have RSI. Lucky she will really appreciate them.

Sue Dean

Mary said...

Wow, they are awesome. Love the expressions on the faces.
Mary

Patrice said...

Wow these are adorable Kerry. Lucky DD and lucky kiddos. What a champ you are!

Lynda said...

Sooooooo love Kez and DD16. Perfect for what they are...the kids will def go NUTS. ooxx

stamping sue said...

that bookmarks are cute and creative
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/