Tuesday, February 11, 2014

80 Years Young

I was asked recently to make a card for a gentleman about to celebrate his 80th birthday. My brief was that his favourite colour is red and he really likes stripes - so naturally, the Nautical Expedition papers came immediately to mind. Assured that he does like boats, I went with that theme and paired it up with a great quote from the Daring Adventure set. It's an A4 sized card (ie four times the usual size) so that all the people at the celebration event can sign it.


The stamping part was done on MDS so I could increase the size enough to suit my large card. It also gave me the advantage of being able to really get the effect of that great ship graphic. I added a couple of retired brads and a chipboard anchor.

Materials used:
  • stamps - The Open Sea, Daring Adventure (MDS)
  • card - nautical expedition dsp, whisper white, midnight muse, purchased A3 navy card
  • other - deco labels framelits, Big Shot, dimensionals, cherry cobbler bakers twine, brads, chipboard anchor

On the inside I put a message that continues the adventure theme:


When I took it around to my client I was given three excited hugs, so I'm assured that she likes it! Hopefully the birthday boy will too.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Another awesome job Kez. I love it to bits....and wld have DEFINITELY hugged you too!!!! Perfect hunni. ooxx

Kathryn Brennan said...

It's fabulous!