Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Putting On The Hex

I've been having a play with the hexagon punch, kindly loaned to me by my mate Rob. My two cards are the same design but the colours and embellishments create a whole different look.

Firstly a card for DD21, who returned to uni in Melbourne last week after a visit that was way too short for her mama! She loves polka dots.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Really Good Greetings (MDS)
  • card - basic black, very vanilla, raspberry ripple, Modern Medley dsp
  • other - hexagon punch, dimensionals, scallop ribbon border punch, owl punch

And DD always, always looks inside my cards to see if I've decorated in there too, so of course I had to for her card!


And my second card has a touch of Spring with some bright florals and ginghams.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Really Good Greetings (MDS)
  • card - island indigo, whisper white, daffodil delight, melon mambo, Gingham Garden dsp (MDS)
  • other - hexagon punch, dimensionals, itty bitty punch, rhinestones, embossing stylus, shaping mat (non SU)

Now that I have had a play with it, I think this punch will get bumped up higher on my wish list!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Rob I said...

Great cards,again. I love Chloe's card. The greetings are fantastic

Margaret said...

Wonderful cards! Isn't it amazing how a change in color and pattern can make a design feel completely different? They both look fabulous!

Hope you enjoyed your time with DD and that you'll get to see her again soon!