Friday, June 21, 2013

New Meets Old

Here I am back from chilly Melbourne! I had a wonderful few days with DD21; we did a river cruise to Williamstown, browsed the Prahran markets, heard some live swing music and had lots of fun in each other's company. It was hard to come back home again but nice to be back with DD15 and in my own bed! Here's a snap taken on my iphone of DD at Southbank, waiting for our boat ride.


Anyway, on to cards! For this week's class I am introducing my ladies to the new in colours, combining them with existing stamp sets.

First up some Crisp Cantaloupe:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Fabulous Florets, Field Flowers
  • card - crisp cantaloupe, whisper white, basic grey
  • inks - basic grey, crisp cantaloupe, pistachio pudding
  • other - basic grey satin ribbon, dimensionals, sponge daubers

Next comes Pistachio Pudding:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Doily, Elements of Style
  • card - pistachio pudding, whisper white, crumb cake
  • inks - crumb cake, pistachio pudding, crisp cantaloupe
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, dimensionals, blender pen, sponge daubers, 1 1/4" square punch

And last but not least a touch of Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana (this one is the favourite of both my girls). I'm not too good at photographing white cards, so just trust me that it looks better in real life!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Field Flowers, Gingham wheel
  • card - white linen (non SU), whisper white, non SU polka dot dsp
  • inks - strawberry slush, coastal cabana
  • other - honeycomb E/F, Big Shot, window framelits, 1" square punch, dimensionals, designer frames E/F, sponge dauber

I didn't use the fifth in colour, Baked Brown Sugar, but I'm sure my ladies won't mind. 

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

What a lovely selection of cards Kez, love them all and love seeing the new In-colours in action. TFS.

Margaret said...

Your in color cards are so pretty! Glad you had a wonderful visit w/ your DD!

Lynda said...

Brilliantly done (as always) Kez. I esp love the quirkiness of the Field Flowers one. I am actually bonding with these new in colours a little better than the last ones.
So glad you had a wonderful time in Melb. DD21 is growing into a fine young lady...but u already knew that huh?? ooxx