Friday, June 7, 2013

Cheers!

A bright and breezy celebration card for you today as I've been having a play with some new colours. Take a lookie:


Materials used:

  • stamps - Happy Hour, Fabulous Phrases
  • card - whisper white, Bermuda bay, strawberry slush
  • inks - baked brown sugar, Bermuda bay, strawberry slush, crushed curry, rich razzleberry
  • other - apothecary accents die, jewellery tag punch, rhinestone, dimensionals, fancy fan embossing folder, Big Shot

The cards are strawberry slush (new in colour) and Bermuda bay (new colour) and the inks include crushed curry (new colour) and baked brown sugar (new in colour) as well as Bermuda and strawberry and "old" colour razzleberry. 

A bit of fussy cutting but don't they look good enough to drink for real? Yum! Which reminds me, I'm heading down to Melbourne at the end of next week to visit DD21 - so I'm pretty sure there'll be a similar drink of some kind on the horizon! LOL!

Hope the weather is being kind to you wherever you are and if you are in Aus, enjoy the long weekend.

Cheers
Kez

Edited to add: the larger die shape in Bermuda bay card is made by tracing around the outside of the apothecary accents die and cutting by hand. Thanks to Emillie for asking! 

8 comments:

Sue Dean said...

Loving the new colours Kez. I was expecting my order to arrive today but I guess now I will have to wait until Tuesday (boo hoo).

Lynda said...

Love this Kez...and it makes the new colours really pop. I think I may ease my self into Bermuda and Curry....as I am stillyet to tackle Cajun, Garden Green and Wasabi!!! Love the debossed image to hunni. ooxx

Rob I said...

wow, that is a great card Kez. Stylish and great use of the new colours. Maybe I might have to visit sooner rather than later to have a play

~Emillie said...

I LOOOOVE this card! Clean & Fun! I'm loving how you layered the with the apothecary accents. I immediately grabbed my catalog as I didn't remember it being a nesting die... how did you create the larger or smaller label layer with only having the one die? Sorry for asking such a silly question but I really love the card! :) Can't wait to see more of what you do!!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Thanks for asking Emillie! The larger apothecary accents shape is made by tracing around the outside of the die and then cutting by hand. Hope that helps!

DD21 said...

Yumm these look good! Love the colours, particularly strawberry slush. Can't wait to drink a couple of these with you soon!

Margaret said...

This just might be the perfect summer party card, even if it's not summer for you! Love the colors you chose for this fun card!Hope you have a wonderful time with DD!!

cdeasey said...

I love it and was inspired to try one like it. Thanks!