Saturday, February 9, 2013

NSU - Cutie Pie

I spent a very happy time last weekend getting my watercolouring "fix" LOL. I find colouring very therapeutic and relaxing but unfortunately SU just doesn't have enough cute kids for me to colour in, forcing me to commit "rubbah-dultery" as Jan Tink calls it!

This very feminine Z-fold card was a lot of fun to make and colour. I bought the papers and roses ages ago so it was great to finally get around to using them.



 Materials used:
  • stamps - Penny Black
  • card - marina mist, Sahara sand, watercolour, very vanilla, lucky limeade, Kaisercraft dsp
  • other - nestabilities die, Big Shot, paper flowers, leaf punch, hot glue gun, aqua painter, inks and markers, dimensionals, paper doilies, sponge daubers

Then for a change of pace, a bright and cheery card with lots of polka dots - my girls' fav!


(Excuse the chicken head there in the background - Clarissa decided to get in on the photo op!)

Materials used:
  • stamps - SU Circle of Friendship (retired), LOTV 
  • card - basic black, watercolour, whisper white, old olive, cherry cobbler polka dot paper
  • other - aqua painter, dimensionals, 1" circle punch, paper flowers, sponge dauber, inks and markers, grass punch

Hopefully that will keep me going for a while!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Deliciously cute Kez. LUVE the "Z" fold adn the polka dots are a big fave too. Brilliant colouring. ooxx

Rob I said...

Well you still got your water colouring down to a fine art. The "z" fold cold is gorjuss esp using the flowers as the closure. Love the subtlety of the doily. Surprised that DD20 hasn't made claims to card number 2 - looks like it is right up her alley. Love its brightness.