Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Man Himself

Didn't expect to get time to get another post in before Christmas, but here I am!

Each year we think up a theme for our Christmas decorating, food, etc - and this year we chose the man himself, Santa Claus. So our Christmas dinner menu is food that is full, robust and heartwarming and we have plenty of red and white items around.

The other day I found a garden light at my local $2 shop which I couldn't resist buying and yesterday I glanced upon a large glass vase I have - and the two items clicked together in my head as an idea for our Christmas table centrepiece. Luckily, when I tried it out, my idea came together first time (hooray!) and produced our very own North Pole:


And yes, you do recognise those snowflakes I am sure - from the Snow Swirled set which I have stamped on with whisper white craft ink (rotate pressure on the stamp a little as you press the ink on to the rounded surface of the vase).

I also saw a very simple idea on Pinterest that I have used to dress up the dining chairs a little - here's a photo of one of those:


And our Christmas dinner menu is inside this little holder made with the two tags die and stocking punch:


Materials used:
  • card - midnight muse, crumb cake, real red, basic black, glitter card
  • other - two tags die, Big Shot, stocking punch, dimensionals
  • non SU - brick wall embossing folder, corner rounder punch

Just little things to make our day even more fun. Hope you are enjoying preparing for Santa too!

Thanks for popping in.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Lynda said...

As usual Kez...an amazing array of Christmas creativity. Love it all...esp inverted Santa. Hope you guys enjoyed it all. ooxx

Margaret said...

Fabulous decorations and such a fun theme! Love the gingerbread wreath too!

AnnMarie said...

Very cute Santa feet! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year to you! :)