Friday, March 9, 2012

Masked Mustard

We're having more fun with brayering at today's workshop and my ladies are keen to try out some masking. It's terribly addictive once you get going!

Inspired by this gorgeous card of Paula Dobson's, here is what I came up with:


I brayered with so saffron and more mustard at the top, then soft suede at the base. The trees were stamped in soft suede and early espresso and I added some espresso sponging around the base as well. The birds (from Up, Up and Away) are also stamped in espresso.

Just love these colours together so many thanks for the inspiration Paula.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Up Up & Away
  • card - more mustard, early espresso, whisper white
  • other - post it notes, brayer, sponge daubers, stamp-a-ma-jig, 32 mm circle punch

And here is the sweet little gift box I made for my hostess:



Materials used:
  • stamps - Growing Green, Because I Care
  • card - pink pirouette, certainly celery, whisper white, pink pirouette patterns paper
  • inks - wild wasabi, certainly celery, regal rose, pretty in pink
  • other - scallop trim border punch, pennants die, Big Shot, two tags die, watercolour crayons, pearls, dimensionals, aquapainter

How about dusting off your brayer for some fun soon?

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

PMT~ Meg said...

Thank you so much for another wonderful Stampin' session, Kerry. I loved the card we made and it's always so much fun.

Lynda said...

You really cannot go wrong CASEing a Paula card. Kerry this is beautiful. Everytime I see one of ur brayered delights...i think....really must have another go...but alas!!! The wee basket is devine. Is it the pattern that is on Youtube??? I have this die on my wishlist. Looks like it has lotsa potential. ooxx

Paula Dobson said...

Oh Kerry, I have just come back from a Stamp Camp and catching up on my blog hopping. What a BEAUTIFUL card. I feel so honoured that you liked mine enough to create this beauty. The colours are just gorgeous!

Rob I said...

more gorjuss brayering, love the colours. Must brush off the cobwebs on my brayer and get inspired