Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Missing You

Something completely different for you today - I decided it would really challenge me to have a go at the Less is More challenge this week: a one layer card featuring stripes. One layer! Not an easy task for me at all and initially all my ideas involved striped paper - duh! that's a second layer Kerry!

In the end I think my card is pretty cute and I'm quite happy with how clean and simple it is. Definitely a step outside the box for me.



I used gloss cardstock so it would have a bit of strength to stand up on its own, plus gloss takes really well to embossing.

DD19 will be able to use this when she goes back to Melbourne for uni and leaves the boyfriend behind!

Materials used:

  • stamps - Aviary, Three Little Words
  • card - white gloss
  • ink - black StazOn, real red
  • other - stripes embossing folder, ruler, permanent marker, stamp-a-ma-jig


Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

13 comments:

Eloise said...

Great card! Love how you did the embossing. anyone would love to get this in the mail.

Valentina said...

VERY NICE CARD. I love the embossing,
valentina

Chrissie said...

This looks fab, the stripes make a great surround for the super images!
Great card.
Thanks so much for joining us Kerry.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicki Burdick said...

Love it!!!

Scrapmate said...

Beautiful card - the stripes are so effective.

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I love it! Great way to emboss the front, and I like your tip about using glossy card - didn't know it embossed well.

Marina said...

Lovely card : the embossed stripes are great.

Sandra Azzopardi said...

I love how you embossed the front with the stripes, Kerry! I've had that embossing folder sitting in my drawer now for months unused. This idea is going into my CASE file :)

Angelnorth said...

The embossed stripes look great with the stamped lines of the wire cage - cute card!

Margaret said...

Fab card Kerry
Margaret x

Paula Dobson said...

Totally gorgeous Kerry!

Mandi said...

Fabulous card, brilliant use of the EF
Thank you
mandi
"Less is More!

Lynda said...

So different for you Kerry. Nice to go out of the box once in a while!!! It was as almost if the stamp and sentiment were made for the card!! LOVE it. ooxx