Sunday, September 18, 2011

Antiquing Technique

Today's craft weekend project card is a bit of a misfit really. It's a combination of a number of techniques - I've used faux mother-of-pearl, sponging, distressing and vintage style - so I've decided to call it the antiquing technique! I was inspired by Sage Kimble's glorious distressed wallpaper technique. A couple of stamp sets have been amalgamated too - I've got French Foliage in there with Creative Elements and a non-SU crackle background. I also wanted to use light colours so picked perfect plum, Baja breeze and whisper white.


Here's a close up of the shimmer from the faux mother-of-pearl:


Thanks for dropping by and going antiquing with me! (LOL)

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Just GORGEOUS,love all the distressing!!!
xx

Lynda said...

Would Sooooooooooooooo love to go antiquing with you!! I love the softness in this off set with all the aging and distress. Beautiful card Kerry....a showcase of Bunting Brilliance!! ooxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

A mix of so many elements ... but they work soooo well together! Hugs xxaxx