Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vintage Sympathy

A challenge card for you today; this week over at Just Add Ink they want us to Just Add a Flower. I bought a whole bunch of paper roses in a sale a few weeks back and hadn't gotten around to using any of them, so that suited me just fine!

I decided to make a card using muted tones and gave my brayer a little workout with some two-toned embossing. Some new rubber arrived in the mail yesterday and I was dying to try them out! Here's the result:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Our Daily Bread and Stampin' Up!
  • card - crumb cake, very vanilla, soft suede and Baja breeze (all SU)
  • other - Beautiful Wings embosslit die, vintage wallpaper embossing folder, brayer, dimensionals, Baja breeze seam binding (all SU); leaf punch (Carl), labels die (Nestabilities), paper flowers (Kaiser),

Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful Kerry! I love the colour scheme that you've chosen.

DD19 said...

I really love this one. The butterfly's are a nice touch. However, I can't help but feel there's a more appropriate blue for this colour scheme... :-P

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous card Kerry. The brayering is really effective and really adds to the card. Cheers narelle

Lynda said...

At camp...I will bring my brayer!! B/W you and Andrea...it may get used for the 1st time!!!!I do like the tones of this card so v v much Kerry. It's exquisite. Gotta love those paper roses. They are the perfect add on. Just beautiful. ooxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the inked up embossing. Your card is a stunner.

Christine Blain said...

Such a beautiful card; I love everything about it. The touches of blue are gorgeous.

Eccentricess said...

Beautiful, the colours work together so well.

KimB said...

Its lovely Kez, got a real vintage feel and the flowers look wonderful.
Kim (JAI)

Unknown said...

this is really lovely!

Cheryl said...

OMG this is GORGEOUS and those colours are so pretty,beautifully done!!!
xx

Liam said...

Gorgeous creation. Love your new stamp set. I love the flowers and the embossed background. Love it to bits.

Liam