Friday, February 18, 2011

A Must Have For Travellers

Yesterday I came across an adorable little suitcase box that is the perfect size to fit six Ferrero Rocher chocolates! Brilliant! So of course, I had to make one straight away. I used chocolate chip and retired speciality DSP.



While I was making that I thought ... hmmmm, I could use ribbon instead of card for my straps and then I could thread the ribbon through a buckle so it would look even more realistic... So, here is my second suitcase:




Crumb cake and night of navy are my colours and I ran the crumb cake cover through the square lattice embossing folder. The antique brass buckles and brads are from an old Hodgepodge Hardware set. I love it! And so does DD18, so I'll make another one for her to take with her as she travels back to uni in Melbourne next week.

If you would like to get the pattern and try it out yourself (very easy, trust me) then here is the link: http://margitsschatztruhe.wordpress....ner-pdf-datei/  Thanks Margit for a really fun project!

Now, while we're on the subject of chocolate ... I made another card using the delightful Eat Chocolate set (and if you like this set, save your pennies - that's all I'm saying!) and one of my fav colour combos; cherry cobbler, very vanilla and early espresso.



This is a very good card for me to give ... myself! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Cheers
Kez

12 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

That suitcase is soooooo cute Kez. Thanks so much for putting the link for the pdf file up so we can all try it :-)

Love the Chocolate Set too. I am lucky enough to have one on it's way to me as we speak!! Can't wait to play with it now :-)

Margit Alles said...

Hallo,
your suitcases are soooo beautiful!!!
With the ribbon that is a great idea!
Thanks a lot for your comment and the link to your work.
That makes me happy!!!
Love
Margit

Kim said...

great project! This will be on my inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS

Carla said...

This is so gorgeous!!! I love it. That ribbon is beautiful. Chocolate is my passion!!! Hugs,

Carla said...

Oh, the suitcases are awesome!!! I really enjoy your blog and creations!!! Hugs,

Lynda said...

Kez, You have once again saved my bacon and given me inspiration as to what to give for a glut of b'days i have coming up in March. I love this idea and know they'll go down a treat (pardon the pun!!) The card is too cute too....what a delicious gift. ooxx

Susan Joyce said...

Your suitcases are adorable Kez. TFS.

Liam said...

very cute idea.

Liam

Kathryn Brennan said...

Love it all. Thanks for sharing

Robyn P said...

Love the suitcases. Thanks for the link to the instructions. Great idea to use the square from the Hodgepodge Set as a buckle. I would never have thought of that.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love that chocolate set! How do you girls get a hold of this contraband? You lucky ducks!!! But ... I guess we won't have too long to wait?????? (wink) Definitely will be on my wish list! Hugs xxaxx

Debbie said...

I love your suitcases & I'm going to try one...can I please ask how you managed to emboss the whole outer piece of card stock? Looks too big for the embossing folder. Thanks!