Monday, February 21, 2011

Back To The Grindstone ...

DD18 is off back to Melbourne tomorrow for another year of hard slog at uni ... yeah, right!!! LOL! Anyway, she loves it down there and that is the most important thing, even though we miss her like crazy and I do wish she wasn't quite so far away ...

As I mentioned in my last post, she loved my little Ferrero Rocher suitcase so I offered to make her one for the journey - of course it helps that she's rather fond of chocolate too! Red and white polka dots are her fav at the moment, so I've used cherry cobbler with chocolate chip accents (sounds like a yummy dessert, doesn't it?!).


Naturally, I had to make a matching card and as I don't have an appropriate SU stamp, I thought Magnolia's Farewell Tilda was perfect. Once I had finished the card, I told her she couldn't have it as it's so darn cute that I didn't want to give it away, LOL! I did though, of course.




Hopefully the card and box will survive the journey and maybe sit in her college room to remind her of home ...

Cheers (and tears)
Kez

8 comments:

Jess S said...

this is even cuter in the red than in the blue from the other day. Your magnolia card is perfect :D

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a sweet mum ... to send a lovely gift like this with your daughter. So much love and effort has gone into this pressie. Love the gorgeous details on the card. Hugs xxaxx

Sandra said...

Kerry this is absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful set to remind your daughter just how much you love her.

Lynda said...

Call me crazy (still and always) but when u told me abt this case...I had in mind a white case with Kerry Cobbler polka dots!!!!! Looks MUCH better done your way and I am SURE DD18 love all of it!! The card is the perfect finishing touch...esp the co-ordinated dress with the case/ buckle and ribbon!! Too beautiful. Hope ur not too sad....and as always a stunning and fitting gift. ooxx

Carla said...

Oh this is a gorgeous set!!! I love how created them, they are awesome. I too noticed the ribbon and buckle right away. I love it. Hugs,

Liam said...

This is so adorable love it liam

Robyn P said...

I'm sure your daughter will be delighted to be the recipient of such a lovely gift and card. They are beautiful.

Kathryn Brennan said...

Ooh, they look fantastic. And it makes me hungry for chocolate!