Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year in Review

I've seen on a number of blogs where folks review their favourite cards from each month of the year as a kind of yearly round-up and thought that might be a fun thing to do. If nothing else, it would show me whether I've made any improvement over the past 12 months! LOL!

From January a Parisian combo of black, red and white is still a favourite. The card that began it all is this one:


In February this simple crayon-resist card was a big hit with all my customers and I love the colour combination of yellow, purple and green:


Along came March and our SU team had a blog hop to showcase the Autumn/Winter mini catalogue. This brayered silhouette card is still high on my favourites list:

April is a tough month to pick from! But I'm giving it to my first easel drawer calendar using Autumn tones:


For May there is absolutely no contest - this card that won the JAI challenge is still one I adore and won't give up!


June was a real butterfly month for me and this engagement/wedding/anniversary card is my pick of the bunch:


A floral beauty I made while away at stamp camp is my pick for July:


August saw another team blog hop for the new catalogue and another brayered card is in my favourites:


September is a really tough month to pick from, with 3 cards vying for top honours. But I think first place will have to go to those cute little owls in their medical outfits:


And the owls steal it again for me in October in their wedding finery:


There were plenty of owls to choose from in November, but my heart belongs to this jelly bean card I made for my daughter:


And last but not least, my pick for December. For me, it has to be the decorated glass bauble - every time I see it, it evokes one of the things high on my bucket list, which is to experience a white Christmas.


Wow! This review really brings back so many happy memories! I'm glad I took this journey back through the last 12 months and I hope you have enjoyed it too.

Thanks for continuing to stop by and I look forward to "seeing" you in the new year!

Cheers
Kez

6 comments:

Patrice said...

It was so fun looking through your top picks for the year. I think June is my favourite, but so many great creations to choose from.

Happy new year!

Sabine said...

I wish you a very happy new year and lots of cool ideas in 2011. By the way, I included a translator on my blog, so if you are intested in reading about a very chaotic mother of four - go one, but don´t take it too serious :-))

Cheryl said...

WOW they are all just beautiful,what a fabulous review of 2010!!! A happy New Year to you and your family.I hope 2011 brings all that you wish for!!! BTW thanks so much for the blog award will post it ASAP!!
xx

Lynda said...

TFS all these magical creations darl....wow what an honour roll!! So much creativity to ogle over and admire (but not in a stalkerish kinda way!!) I have to admit that Nov's JB card is a card close to my heart...and insanely clever!! You are the Owl Queen...and I am a medical kind of gal...so another fave. Getting my brayer out of the box for its virgin run is on the list for 2011...so I have yours to reference...they are stunning!! I still have Jan's in my CASE file to replicate...thanks so much for all the inspiration...and no doubt...i WILL see you at sometime!! ooxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Lots of lovely memories scrolling through this collection. Thanks for sharing! And ... another thing we have in common ... my fantasy is to see New York at Christmas time! (Definitely with snow!) Hugs xxaxx

Michelle said...

Kez, I've enJOYed 'lurking' and really loved all your Owl characters ~ thank you!

Happy New Year!