Sunday, October 24, 2010

Clean and Simple Christmas

Today's card took a little while to "grow on me". It's one of those ones where I really wasn't sure that it worked, so I left it overnight and looked at it with fresh - untired! - eyes this morning. And I've decided that I like it. It's different, but I like the simplicity and the muted colours.


So, whaddya think? Creative genius or back to the drawing board? Can I per-suede (groan!) you to leave a comment? Ta!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Welcome Christmas
  • card & paper - Whisper White, Soft Suede, Christmas Cocoa speciality paper
  • ink - Soft Suede
  • other - Soft Suede ribbon (retired), pearl brad (non SU), Big Shot, nestabilities die (non SU), Elegant Lines embossing folder, Soft Suede marker, dimensionals
Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Kathryn Brennan said...

Love this card. It is tasteful and elegant.

The Anscombe 4 said...

creative genius! x

Lynda said...

Good news darl...I have certainly not been dis-sueded (bigger groan) by this card. 1st thing that struck me was that it IS so different....and in a good way!!! I am playing with non trad Chrissy colours at the mo too and I am loving it. Your card for me has a slightly vintage feel (unlike the creator of course)!! If it counts for anything...I love it. ooxx

Sabine said...

A gorgeous card! These colors are so elegant - just perfect!!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Very yummy, Kez! Very Victorian & elegant! Love it! Hugs xxaxx