Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Postie Postie Don't Be Slow, Be Like Elvis and Go Man Go!

Hey ho everyone! I got back from Melbourne last night after a wonderful few days catching up with DD18. She took me to as many of her favourite places as we could fit in and we had a ball. We ate in Chinatown, enjoyed guinness and music at an Irish pub, shopped at the Queen Vic markets, bought cake at Brunetti's and brunched in Brunswick.Yesterday we went to the Tim Burton Exhibition at ACMI - I thoroughly recommend it if you are down that way, it was amazing to see behind the scenes of the creative genius of that man. DD's college show was a roaring success - they put on Stephen Sondheim's 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum' - which I really enjoyed and of course am so proud of her efforts.

Today it's back preparing for upcoming classes and waiting very impatiently for the postie to bring me my new goodies! You can probably tell by my header that he hasn't done so yet! LOL So I have just one card to show you. This is one of the Christmas cards for my beginner's class Stamp-a-Stack on Sunday.


A very simple card to make and the masked sponging makes such a lovely effect. I've used Lovely as a Tree and Many Merry Messages in Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke.

That's it! I'll be back tomorrow hopefully - if my postie hears my pleas! - with more. Till then, take care and thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

AGohl said...

Its simple, but beautiful!

Lynda said...

If it helps u any...I shall channel the feel of my foot kickin his tush to move him on promptly!!! Love the card...LAAT is one of those sets that ebbs and flows on my wishlist!!!! I LURVE Mellow Moss so much...so bummed it went!!! Fab card luv...and so v v pleased that you and DD18 rocked Melbourne!! Luv n hugs. ooxx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous........two of my fav colours and my fav stamps as well!!!
xx

Kim Tonnet said...

I've seen many variations of this card but like your individual touches. Very nice. Luv KimT