Sunday, August 15, 2010

Beginners Embossing

Today's beginner class is having fun with embossing.

First up some dry embossing using SU's beautiful Manhattan Flower embossing folder, which looks so gorgeous in rich razzleberry. I've teamed it with very vanilla and some adhesive pearls:

Same card but this time using designer series paper for the embossing, then sanding over it to bring out the white core - this makes the embossed image really "pop"! I am looking forward to all the new embossing folders coming in the new catalogue - only 16 sleeps to go!

For our first "wet" embossing we're using one of my favourite sets, Inspired by Nature, and embossing it in white on DSP. A little touch of dry embossing at the bottom of the card adds more texture. I will miss kiwi kiss after this month, sigh!


And last but not least a simple yet beautiful effect which showcases the gorgeous medallion background stamp perfectly. Embossed with white, then sponged in pink pirouette and regal rose, plus a touch of close to cocoa for accent (another colour I will really miss).


Thanks for calling in; you can brighten my day if you leave a comment!

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Liam said...

These embossing samples are fab.

Liam

Juliette Chapman said...

Kerry - as per usual this are lovely. I have only just realised how much I like Kiwi Kiss - oh well.

Cheryl said...

WOW gorgeous and so elegant!!! One of my blogging friends from the US sent me some cardstock embossed with Manhatton Flower,I must get it out and use it!!
xx

naomi vaughan said...

All your cards are lovely. I especially like the Inspired By Nature embossed on the Ds paper. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Lynda said...

You have such an amazing gift Kez...I am always in awe of what you produce. I love the simplicity of the Manhattan Rose cards and the IBN card is a CASE awaiting to be done (since someone convinced me to get the set...LOL). The Medallion card is v v grand (even tho it's PINK...hee hee hee). Brilliant cards darl!! ooxx