Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Variations on a Theme

There's nothing quite like getting fixated on a card style...!

This morning I was quietly admiring my quick and simple bird card from the other day (see this post) and I decided to try some different colours. So Saffron sprang to mind first and when I was thinking what colour to put with it, somehow a sneaky purple worked its way in there! So here's quick and simple bird card No. 2 with So Saffron and Perfect Plum and just a little touch of bling!

Then I got really adventurous - I added more colours, flipped the design sideways (woo hoo!) and even went two-tone on the bird! Wowser, living on the dangerous side now!!! Here's quick and simple bird card No. 3 with Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip and a dash of Kiwi Kiss:

Well, as you all know, one of the rules in papercrafting is you always have an odd number, so I just HAD to make another quick and simple bird card, didn't I? For this one I had it in my mind that I wanted to use Sahara Sand and Basic Black. With no paper in SS, I made my own background using the Very Vintage wheel, which I am now LOVING in this colour. I read on a blog or chat group somewhere recently that Blush Blossom is a card colour they almost never use and I realised I am a bit the same; I use the ink pad endlessly as my skin tone when watercolouring, but hardly ever use the cardstock, so I have set myself a challenge to use it more often and here it is as my accent colour. The ribbons of course are "contraband" as SU doesn't have BB ribbon (and now never will, sadly).

I think this one is my favourite of the three. Hope you like them too.
Non SU materials used: peach ribbons, adhesive pearl, adhesive rhinestone, rhinestone buckle.
Thanks for calling in, have a great day.

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wow Kez, these are gorgeous!!!

Lisa Martin said...

I have not been to visit for a few days and oh my youve been busy! I like! :) (Facebook talk) :)

Lynda said...

Kez you have done it again lovely. These cards are beautiful (my fave is the red one), but they are all fab. You are making it v v hard for me now NOT to get that damn punch...LOL!! It does semm to make a very quick and easy card. ooxx

Paula Fuller said...

I love what you are doing with this punch. I agree with you. I think the third is mt favourite too.

Robyn said...

Lovely!! But I especially like the first one!! I have some of that bling and have never found a way to use it...now I do! TFS!