Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's a red, red world

It's a surreal world I awoke to this morning: the air was literally red and very murky, and my first thought was bush fire as yesterday was hot and dry. But the air didn't smell of smoke, it smelt of dirt - and that's exactly what it is; a huge dust storm. Much of NSW and certainly Sydney and surrounding suburbs are clouded in very fine red dust, blown east by gale force winds overnight. Another new experience for me since moving to this big brown land!

It's expected to continue most of the day, which of course gives the perfect excuse to stay indoors and do some stamping! (Yeah, you're right, as if I need an excuse, LOL!)

So here's another Christmas card made with my other new Sarah Kay stamp. Not totally as cute as yesterday's little boy, but pretty darn sweet all the same! Lots of detail in this one, so the background is kept fairly simple so the whole effect is not too busy.

Sarah Kay stamp by Stampavie, all other materials by Stampin' Up!

Thanks for dropping in today, hope it's not too dusty and windy where you are.

Cheers

Kez

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Stunning Kez and brilliant colouring!!! I was going to get this one but got the Santa and Little Shepherd boy instead......and now I want this one....lol...
xx

Karyn I said...

your colouring is fantastic Kez. how long does it take to colour each stamped image? it looks very time consuming.

Lynda said...

Heya Kez. LURVE the way you have coloured this one. It is so v v warm and inviting...takes you back to a bygone era. She must have taken you a while to colour. I also love teh way it all tones in together...the browns/blues and oranges. Too speccy!!!

Anonymous said...

Very very cute.......Filomena